Sunday, August 06, 2006

comic one

OK, so it doesnt even have a name yet. But this is the first I drew. I was feeling frustrated with beng a mom, actually not with being am om, but with outside criticism and opposing ideas about how to raise my baby. My sister said that I should think of myself as a warrior who has to defend her baby. The idea for this woman came from that. SHe has a magic wrap cus wraps are the best thing in the world for helping care for a baby. Also at this time we were having sme major sleep issues and it sems everyone thought we should let DS cry. I guess this speaks for itself as to how I feel about that. I found I really enjoyed drawing her. I felt I could let off steam and be creative and find a way to connect with DH. Now hes doing some srawing aswell and hes making a short film about freedomball. SO thats sooo cool! Also we found that there is a great graphic novel section in the library. Ive been reading Solstice - Kwaidan, and exmachina. When I have a chance I'll make reviews, or maybe me and DH will make a pod cast...now if only I had as much energy to put towards something important like making dinner or resolving the injustices of the world, or spiritualising this materialistic and degraded planet, or the environment, or picking up my baby!....oh well, .....hurray for comics! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

storm said...

A mom who does comics? How good can it get? That's the deal right there. Oh, and nice template... (hehe)