Thursday, July 05, 2007

References cont...









Schubert Leider (I know what these are, but heres a link...you need ear phones)

OK, now the next references are all books in Henry's library...hmmm, I know many of them, and have read some...some I dont know...to link wierd sites about most of them is strange...because they are just simply so famous...but I'll put what I can...anything seeming relevant, or just interesting...


WOMAN'S CONSTANCY.by John Donne
NOW thou hast loved me one whole day,
To-morrow when thou leavest, what wilt thou say ?
Wilt thou then antedate some new-made vow ?
Or say that now
We are not just those persons which we were ?
Or that oaths made in reverential fear
Of Love, and his wrath, any may forswear ?
Or, as true deaths true marriages untie,
So lovers' contracts, images of those,
Bind but till sleep, death's image, them unloose ?
Or, your own end to justify,
For having purposed change and falsehood, you
Can have no way but falsehood to be true ?
Vain lunatic, against these 'scapes I could
Dispute, and conquer, if I would ;
Which I abstain to do,
For by to-morrow I may think so too.


Dr. Faustus - Christopher Marlow


Kant, Barthes, Foucault, Derrida (philosophers that you only need to reference the last name...look em up if you havnt had to already for every blimin english, art history or humanities class you ever took...)


Winnie the Pooh

Annotated Alice (thats the second time shes references within two pages)





Aristotle (with his very own wikipedia link...)

And there you have it. References up to page 39. I hope dont do any more libraries. Theres a lot of books in there...now time to figure out what all this means...

No comments: