Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Calgary chickens, Cloth diapering, Rundle urban planning...




There are some things I have to respond to. First off, I have been getting a lot of interest in my Urban Chickens post. Maybe you noticed, Maybe not. Anyways, it looks like I was linked to a couple different blogs about chickens. (links below)

http://urbanworkbench.com/calgary-chickens

http://myurbanchickens.blogspot.com/2008/05/pleading-case-for-urban-chickens-in.html

Thats really cool. I didn't think I would find that many other interested folks, but there you have it. Looks like I'll have to continue with this crusade. Also, I am heading down to the Urban Farming meetup this monday to meet some like minded folks. Thanks Lindsay for suggesting it!

Also, I have found a solution for my Cloth diapering questions. There is a Calgary Store "Babes in Arms" (OK, Lindsay, I admit, we have a ton in common!) has a monthly cloth diapering class. I am registered for the one this June. What a great idea! I have even convinced my husband that this would be a great idea for us! This way we can ask questions, see different products, and get sold on the whole idea. Souds good to me!

OK, the Rundle work is coming along. I admit the idea really could fly in many locations. Its not the place but a set of conditions that would make it work. I included some Rundle photos to give you a sense of the place. Im working on a presentation of the idea with more graphics, to present at work, and hopefully build interest. I'll keep you posted!

Oh, and I also wanted to add, that I love the comments! Thanks so much! I really want to write back to you all, but Blogger doesn't let me access your emails on the comments, and I would love to get in touch with you. If you want to join the crusade, or provide me with your contact info, could you email me at mammacomic@live.ca? - I don't know what else to do about this inability to write back to y'all.

OK, I'll be back soon with some Mamma power!

No comments: