Wednesday, May 06, 2009

classes finished, now time to work!


So, my class at Momentum is finished. I had such a great experience there. I would recommend their programs and classes to anyone interested in starting their own business.

I met some great people there who are starting their own projects and developing a presence on the web. I promised I would give you all links to some of their sites, so you can see for yourselves how creative and inspiring their projects are - and to support some local businesses!

Selena's Creations - handmade jewellery. I have seen these pieces she makes and they are truly beautiful. If you want a very special gift made, for yourself or someone else, I would definitely check her stuff out.

fake sweat shop - Serena makes the most adorable plush toys. They are recycled fabrics, pure wool inside and really adorable designs that kids and adults would love. Her site is still being worked on but will be up very soon, so hopefully this link will take you somewhere soon!

Amanda Hawey - Amanda is a personal Estetician. She comes to your home and offers spa treatments and personal care advice. She is also producing a line of handmade Bath and Body products. Her website is still under sonstruction but you can email her at: dayspa.with.amanda@hotmail.com or call 403 399 0356.

So, my business is not exactly straight forward. I have my new blog, but as my teacher pointed out, I need to figure out a way to make money from it, as it takes a lot of time, and, well, we need to eat.

So, I am working on it. I am toying with the idea of art and design classes for the homeschool sector. I love the idea of working with these kids.

Also, I am looking at designing a shopping-list product, that would make grocery shopping more fun, more organized and less time consuming - hopefully allowing us to save money, buy better quality food and eat better. I am developing a prototype just to see if it works as I hope. If you would like to be a tester for it, let me know and I'll send you a mock-up so you can see if it fits with your lifestyle.


Oh, and on the chicken front. Sew liberated - (Meg) just wrote about chickens in Durham (where she lives) I guess they just lifted the ban there too... cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You've done an impressive
task and our entire neighborhood shall be thankful to you.


my homepage ... Acai Berry Fresh Reviews