Monday, October 22, 2007

crochet - vest




And here is the vest in action. I have a mission to adorn my son in this sweater vest for as long as it fits him. This is an important mission, as I also have one to keep him dressed in his plaid and cord pants while he will still let me. I let him choose his own clothes of course, as long as it includes such pants and said vest. Isn't motherhood fun? This vest, was, again very easy. Its worked in half stitch, while the ribbing is single stitch on alternating sides. I followed a pattern, thus revealing my inability to do so. I just can't stick to all those rules, so I made part of it up. It was small so I added an inch to the side and left out the neck band as my kid has an inexplainable fear of tight neck bands...and the last thing I need is for him to get stuck in this one and henceforth refuse to wear it. So, here it is in all its neckbandless glory. I like it so much I think I'm going to make myself one. All hail the sweater-vest love!

5 comments:

Hoogli art said...

nice vest i am so impressed!

detox fox said...

Hi angie!
WOW you finished the VEST! I'm soooo behind on those slippers...wow...but at least i THINK about doing them! anyways...are you or Marc vegetarians? i can't remember!we're making a food plan for the week (and next weekend) and I'm deciding what to make for din-din...email me at home if you can: rjvarvas@gmail.com
cheers angie :)
ruthie

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures all round. I'm just getting into knitting so I'm in awe of anyone who can do more than either a square or really long scarf lol!

Erika Hastings said...

You made that? That's amazing! I am in complete awe.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful vest girlfriend,this vest will fit Marcel for a long time,many years I'd say,good time investment what a good mom you are,wish I had the will and patience you've got...Kisses to Marcel